After all the waits and patience Tally Prime is here now! For those who bought a new license of Tally Prime or those who wanted to upgrade their existing Tally ERP 9…this article is the right place for them.
Here you will get step by step guide to migrate Tally ERP 9 to Tally Prime. Primarily, in 2006 Tally 9 was presented to the users. Since then, sustenance for it is obsolete! In this Article, We discussed How to Migrate Tally ERP 9 To Tally Prime?
Tally Prime me Data migration Kaise Kare? How to Migrate Tally ERP 9 To Tally Prime?
Tally Prime is an advanced version so, it will not support an operating system having 32-bit. It is very important to have a system above 32-bit. However, if you are using a 32-bit operating system then you need to upgrade it to 64-bit…before installing Tally Prime.
- Read More Article:- What is Tally Prime? Full information
- Read More Article:- Tally Prime Go To Features Explain
- Read More Article:- How to Create GST Bill in Tally Prime?
Tally Prime Data Migration Steps by Step Procedure Explain?
Upgrading your Tally ERP 9 to Tally Prime can be done in a few steps. Once you follow them appropriately there will no chance of an issue.
In this process, you have to open your Tally ERP 9 license.
Firstly, you need to download Tally Prime Installer. This is a simple but major part of this process, once it gets downloaded…execute the file. The set-up manager will start running.
- Those who have Tally ERP 9 already installed will get two options on their screen. If you want to upgrade the existing file you can choose that option or you can install a fresh version as well.
- In this process, you have to keep the previous Tally installation and create a fresh install.
- To upgrade your Tally 9 to Tally Prime, you need TSS as it is compulsory. If your TSS has got expired you can renew it as well.
- If you are facing any issue with multiple installations or they are not showing in the list…you can skip this step or you can select manually.
- The next step is about setting a location, then click on ‘Install’ for a clean installation.
- Now, those who selected the upgrading option… have to click on I Update to upgrade Tally 9 to Tally Prime.
- Here you will also find some advanced options like Configure, More Actions. These are additional buttons for advance options…you can neglect them.
- After completing the above step, the installation will begin. You will see a window on-screen displaying ‘Installation Successful.
Finally the last step, Tally Prime has been installed in your operating system. You can activate the copy of Tally Prime.
Startup Screen Shows in Tally Prime?
Now, Tally Prime has been installed successfully. While the Initial Startup Screen starts, it shows some options. You have to choose any one of them…depending upon your requirement.
These options are listed below:
- T: Continue in Educational Mode: – If you are trying its features without using a license, select this. Those who are going to view data as Tally Remote User can use this option as well.
- U: Use License from Network: – Select this option if you have a multiuser license. Using this will take license over the network.
- R: Reactivate Existing License: – Those who are activating the existing single-user license or those who are installing this on their Tally Server computer to use Tally clients across the LAN… should select this option.
- A: Activate New License: – If you are activating a new license…you have to choose this one. Later you have to Select R: Reactivate Existing License.
By following these steps you can easily Migrate Tally ERP 9 to Tally Prime.
Tally Prime Data Migration Procedure Explain 2022?
You should also complete your data migration before heading towards these steps. Data Migration is a process where data does changes in it to match the new version.
It is a crucial step during a software up-gradation.
Sometimes, data becomes unusable because of fail data migration…the reason behind this can be that data not got modified properly.
Hence, I will recommend creating a backup of valuable data before upgrading.
Steps to Backup Process
- Click on ‘Select Company’ and select ‘Backup’.
- Now, select a company List of Companies.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- Your backup will start.
- In a few minutes, it will be completed.
Data Migration from Tally ERP 9 to Tally Prime
Once you complete data backup, go for data migration.
- First, open Tally ERP 9 and copy the path of your data location.
- Paste or browse the same path on Tally Prime.
- Same companies will be shown as Tally ERP 9 but the need migration.
- Select the company and press enter.
- Clack on Configure and manage the backup.
- Once it gets completed…you will see a list of companies.
- Now, you are ready to go!
If You Have Any Doubt, Please Watch this Video
Congratulations! Tally Prime is ready for you. This simple process can be performed within a few minutes, any user can perform these steps straightforwardly.
However, Data Migration may take more time as companies have different data volumes. So In this Article, We discussed How to Migrate Tally ERP 9 To Tally Prime?
I hope you found this article useful. Comment below and let us know your experience in Data Migration and Upgrading to Tally Prime. For any quarry, you can also interact with the provided contacts.